[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] browser client update 2014-05-01 / feedback requested on catalog integration

McCanna, Terran tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Thu May 1 14:07:55 EDT 2014

+1 for improving multiple workstation registration functionality!

+1 for removing the 50-patron limit on searches! (FYI, I tried to log in to https://bill-dev2.esilibrary.com/eg/staff/login just now to see how the paging looked but was unable to. I assume this is because of changes you're in the midst of?)

Catalog integration - There are certainly times when we want to see staff client info on part of the screen and the catalog on another part because we don't want to lose the context of what we are doing (for example, when we are in a patron account and we want to place a new hold for that patron without leaving their account). However, I don't believe it's necessary to display all of the things that display in the OPAC and some things could probably be streamlined (for instance, if I do a catalog search in my current staff client, the OPAC footer information appears unnecessarily).

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150