[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Circulation policy setting - circulation duration rules

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Thu May 1 15:33:38 EDT 2014

There are a lot of variables here but the first thing I would look at is
your circulation matrix matchpoint weights.  Those determine how much
weight a given policy is calculated for.

For example in a local regional consortium maybe you have something like
this:

Miskatonic University checks out books for 3 weeks with 2 renewals
Arkham Public checks out books for 2 weeks with 4 renewals

They put a lot of weight on the org unit part of the policy, that way
they're sure their policy will take effect when the circulation match
points are evaluated.

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

“You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop
reading them.”
― Ray Bradbury <https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1630.Ray_Bradbury>

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me.”
― C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>