[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Acquisition Questions

Kelly Drake kelly at flo.org
Fri May 2 09:57:33 EDT 2014

The FLO Consortium is seriously looking at Evergreen as a possible next
system; we are currently using Voyager and  have a few questions about the
acquisitions module.

While we understand that a number of Evergreen libraries do not use
acquisitions, and that it was recently enhanced, would anyone who is
currently using Acquisitions mind answering some of the following questions?

   1. In general, how does the acq system function and does it fit your
   workflow?  Or did you have to do lots of reworking to accommodate your
   workflow?
   2. How does the searching work for POs and funds?  It looks like it has
   to be an exact match, but there are other places where a more general
   search seems to work.
   3. How do you fix a mistake?  For example, while playing in our test
   system, I entered a PO with a typo in the name.  I cannot for the life of
   me figure out how to fix that.

Any other input on Acquisitions functioning would be greatly appreciated!

Kelly Drake
Systems Librarian
Fenway Libraries Online
Boston, MA 02115