[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Acquisition Questions

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue May 6 10:26:59 EDT 2014

Hi Kelly,

I'll defer to the front-line people using acquisitions to answer your
first question.

> How does the searching work for POs and funds?  It looks like it has
> to be an exact match, but there are other places where a more general
> search seems to work.

I think it would be helpful to know where you are searching and which
searches are giving you trouble. For PO searching, I'm assuming you're
going through the acquisitions general search that's available from the
main acquisitions menu. Depending on the field you select (PO ID,
Provider), you may need to enter an exact match. For other fields, like
PO name or owner, you can select contains from the dropdown to conduct a
search that doesn't need to match exactly.

When you are searching for funds or providers, I expect you will be in
the Acquisitions administrative interfaces (Admin -> Server
Administration -> Acquisitions -> Funds). In those cases, searching
works a little differently. You need to select the "Filter" link from
those interfaces. If, for example, you wanted to find all funds with the
word "DVD" in them, you would select Name in the first dropdown, "is
like" in the second dropdown, and then enter:

%DVD%

The percentage symbols serve as wildcards. I just looked around and
didn't see this documented anywhere. I'll take some time to add it to
the documentation today.

If this doesn't answer your searching question, let me know.

> How do you fix a mistake?  For example, while playing in our test
> system, I entered a PO with a typo in the name.  I cannot for the life
> of me figure out how to fix that.

For the PO name, you can click on the name to enter a new name. If you
mistakenly add the wrong Provider to the PO, you cannot change the
provider and need to create a new PO. The ability to change the provider
of a PO, at least until the order has been activated, is a wishlist item
that has been on MassLNC's development list for a while, but there have
been other acquisitions development ideas that have been prioritized a
little higher.

I hope this helps!

Kathy

Kathy Lussier