[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] browser client connection issue (WAS: browser client update 2014-05-01 / feedback requested on catalog integration)

Bill Erickson berick at esilibrary.com
Mon May 5 16:22:54 EDT 2014

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Forrest, Stuart <sforrest at bcgov.net> wrote:

>  Hi Bill
>

> I’ve got version 34.0.1847.131 m
>

> Here is the output from the console from the moment I load the page to
> when I click the login button.
>

> egIDL.parseIDL() idl.js:24
>
> egAuth found no valid authtoken startup.js:74
>
> egStartup.expiredAuthHandler() startup.js:25
>
> connecting to Hatch... hatch.js:158
>
> unable to connect to Hatch server at wss://localhost:8443/hatchhatch.js:190
>
> Hatch closing... hatch.js:134
>
> egNet open-ils.auth.authenticate.init net.js:58
>
> 1.  Uncaught Error: WebSocket Error [object Event] opensrf.js:345

Thanks for the logs, Stuart.

This may be a firewall issue.  The WebSockets server is configured to
accept connections on port 7682.  It's possible the port is blocked
somewhere between you and the server.  An easy way to verify is to open
this page in your browser:  https://bill-dev2.esilibrary.com:7682/

If you get a "404 not found" message that's good.  If you get "the web page
is not available", the port is likely blocked.

-b

--
Bill Erickson