[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] staff client dev 2014-05-19 / feedback requests

McCanna, Terran tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Wed May 21 17:47:37 EDT 2014

UI Planning:

I looked through the items listed in Sprint #1 and the only interfaces I noticed missing were:

Patron -> Surveys (Will this not be added until the Local Admin sprint?)
Patron -> Acquisition Requests (Will this not be added until the Acq sprint?)

I've asked some of our staff that are more familiar with the other interfaces to take a look at what you have detailed so far for the other sprints.

Horizontal versus Vertical:

PINES is currently using the horizontal display and has been for years, but I suspect the decision was originally made for better display on monitors with a 600x800 resolution. Although I'm sure there are still some of these old machines out there, I don't think it is reasonable to expend the time and effort to duplicate and maintain both layouts. I find the overall layout you've designed to be easily understood and I love the toggle functionality to show/hide the patron info. I did not immediately know what it was for (Perhaps a minor placement issue? Or because the left panel is not strongly visually distinguished from the right panel?) but now that I know what it is, I can see people using it a lot when working on a mobile device or a monitor with a low resolution.

Link Functionality:

Can I give a +100? I am really happy that you found a way to make use of the standard browser link functionality (My name is Terran, and I'm a Right-Clicker) AND integrate the multi-row select functionality with CTRL-Click and Shift-Click in the grids.

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150