[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Staff client not connecting to the DB- Error event 2002 DB query failed

Pigimi St. Moses pigimi at live.com
Mon May 26 18:36:38 EDT 2014

I installed OpenSRF 2.3 and server 2.6 on ubuntu 12.04. Unfortunately when I try using the staff client 2.6, I can't make any entries in the fields like title, author, etc. Also when I try to save a new acquisition I receive the error database query failed, event 2002.
<Dyrcona>, who was kindly assisting me on the IRC node, concluded that the staff client is not seeing the database. After few tests his advice to me was to reinstall everything using the git repository. I did reinstall the latest Evergreen server 2.6.0 from the git repository. Though I didn't reinstall OpenSRF yet.
I also installed pgadmin III and I was able to see the database with the schemas and tables and to run queries. The command 'psql' runs fine from the user opensrf as well as 'srfsh' commands, the math addition and the login, work fine.
Attached to my e-mail are the configuration files pg_hba.com, opensrf.xml and opensrf_core.xml I hope these files will help you guide me to solve this problem.
Thanks so much for all the excellent support you continue to provide me, I truly appreciate it.
PSM