[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Updating subject headings per LC announcements

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Wed Nov 5 20:14:09 EST 2014

Hi Evergreen folks,

Does anyone out there update subject headings in your local catalog when
the LC announces their updates?  I'm playing with the idea of starting to
do it semi-regularly, and would at least like to clean up some of the major
recently changed subject headings.  For example, LC changed the heading
"cookery" to "cooking" back in 2010, and of course, half of our materials
are listed under the old heading, and half are listed under the new.

Has anybody else done this kind of work in their Evergreen catalogs?  If
so, would you mind sharing your workflows?  It seems like the "MARC Batch
Edit" feature in record buckets might be helpful, but I would love to hear
your advice, experiences, or words of caution.

Thanks for your help!

    -Jane

--
Jane Sandberg