[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Updating subject headings per LC announcements

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Wed Nov 12 11:55:10 EST 2014

Jane,

I am not a cataloger, I am a sysadmin, but I would suggest that you
send this question to the EG cataloging mailing list as well. You
might get more feedback on that list.

Also, I wanted to mention that a way to try to change LC headings is
to take advantage of authority linking, so that changes to an
authority entry's main heading propagates to all the linked bibs.
Though, there are several steps that have to be taken to take
advantage of authority linking. Like periodically running a script to
link each bib to an existing (and matching) authority record in your
system.

Hope this helps,
Yamil

--