[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] How to insert payment data to Evergreen?

Václav Jansa vaclav.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 09:30:53 EST 2014

Hi everybody,

We are just trying to figure out how to insert data from bank payments
made by library users on behalf of the library (to settle fines etc.)
into Evergreen (the installation in question is Evergreen 2.6).

We plan to use a bank statement available electronically (and converted
to an exchange format used by almost all Czech banks excluding the one
whose services the library uses ;-); this format is easy to parse).

How should we insert payment data? Should we directly access the
database and insert the data into the money table? Or should we call a
function Money.pm
(https://gitorious.org/evergreen-library-system/evergreen-library-system/source/916e8442af4d6bcca6a7397df7880dde942b0010:Open-ILS/src/perlmods/lib/OpenILS/Application/Circ/Money.pm)
which would insert the data automatically?

(We plan to check the validity of data before importing them to Evergreen.)

Thank you in advance for your help in making the right decision :-)!

Linda & Vaclav