[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Reshelving status

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Tue Nov 25 09:29:34 EST 2014

For reference, the library setting in question is in group "Library"
named "Change reshelving status interval".

Some theorizing.... if the setting remains unset, I believe it
defaults to waiting 24 hours before marking any copy back to an
"available" status whenever the script is run.  So this might mean
that if an item is checked in at 2 pm on a Monday, it won't be set to
"available" till after 2 pm the next day Tuesday, and then actually
changed whenever the script is run.  So if you schedule it to run at
midnight every day, it could potentially take upwards of 36 hours to
change the item's status (24 hours wait for the time to pass, then
another 10 hours to hit midnight from 2 pm, the next day).  This might
explain some of the sporadic inconsistencies.

In our system, we set the reshelving interval setting to "1 hour", but
then we run the reshelving_complete.srfsh script once a night to
change over all the materials at once.  Basically this nets us the
effect of overnight status change, with everything being available
again the next day.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum