[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Web Client (Sprint 1) demo - initial testing results

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 14:05:28 EDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Kathy Lussier <klussier at masslnc.org> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> Sorry to be replying to an older thread, but I came across it while
> looking at column pickers in the web client.
>
>  ITEMS OUT SCREEN - COLUMN PICKER:
>> - I didn't go through every option, but there were obvious differences
>> between the current staff client and the web client and definitely some
>> columns missing that are in the current staff client.
>>

>  There are a few things missing (like checkout/checkin workstation and
> circ or renewal worktation), and the list of values in the web based client
> is not ordered alphabetically.  We can fix the latter and the former is due
> to one of the known challenges going to a web interface.  A longer and more
> explanatory email to come on that.
>

> Did we ever get the longer and more explanatory e-mail? I'm guessing it
> has something to do with cutting back our column picker options?

I didn't go into a ton of detail, but I did respond, I'm pretty sure.
However, I /did/ add the missing columns and add full-list sorting.  Those
commits are in a working branch that is waiting to be merged into master.

>  - Show All Columns and Hide All Columns don't appear to do anything
>>

>  They surely don't.  And honestly, I would not recommend anyone ever use
> "show all columns" - do we really need that option when we have 60+ column
> options?  And, now that I think about it... Has anyone ever user hide all
> columns except after you accidentally chose show all columns? Any opinions
> on keeping those functions?
>
> +1 to removing those options.

I tend to agree, though I think it might be worth while for show-all to be
possible for some UIs with just a few columns.  Thoughts?

--
Mike Rylander