[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Adding a table to self-check-out template

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Thu Oct 9 14:16:22 EDT 2014

Hi Dana,

What selfcheck are you using with Evergreen?  The web selfcheck that comes
with Evergreen at https://hostname/eg/circ/selfcheck/main ?  If it's
something else, I probably won't be able to help much.

If you are using the web selfcheck, then receipts are all actually
controlled via a template definition in the action/trigger event
definitions.  In the database, that's action_trigger.event_definition,
usually an entry named "Self-Checkout Receipt".  If you are the Evergreen
system administrator, you should also be able to access action/trigger
templates via the staff client at Local Administration -> Notifications /
Action Triggers too.

In any case, the receipt template appears to written in Template Toolkit
(perl) with HTML too, not PHP.  I imagine if you alter the template so that
instead of <ol> ordered list and <li> list entry, that you used HTML table
syntax, you could construct a table output that fits your desired outcome.

By default, the Self-Checkout Receipt is owned by the CONS (top level org
unit) and shared globally, so a change to the template will apply to all
libraries using Evergreen web selfcheck for your system.  I would verify
with your Evergreen system administrator or hosting agency how these
changes are to be made / maintained.

Good luck,

-- Ben

--