[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Site visit to Evergreen consortium

Tyckoson, Mary Ellen Mary.Tyckoson at sjvls.org
Fri Oct 10 11:47:26 EDT 2014

The San Joaquin Valley Library System, a 10-member 110 branch public library system, intends to migrate from SirsiDynix Horizon to Evergreen in late 2015.  Before we issue an RFP for migration and support, we would like to visit a consortium using Evergreen that is as similar to us as possible*. We'd bring 5-6 people for 1-2 days in February 2015. If you are sort of like us and would be willing to have us look over your shoulder asking questions in circ/cat/acq, please contact me off list.

*By "similar to us" we mean

*         Participating libraries include at least one multi-branch library system (our largest has 34 branches)

*         Using automation of acquisitions to the fullest extent possible

*         Use of pre-processing vendors by multiple libraries

*         Shared patron and bib/item database

*         Open lending to other member's borrowers both in person and via requests

*         High hold volume

Mary Ellen Tyckoson
Library Program Manager
San Joaquin Valley Library System