[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Installation of Evergreen No rules to make target

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Oct 15 17:01:15 EDT 2014

Hi Jack,

So the install instruction assumes that you have downloaded and
extracted the source file for OpenSRF.  For example, under the OpenSRF
2.4 series, you have a link to the source .tar.gz file.  You would
download that to a given server, extract its contents out into a
folder, and then go into that folder.  From that folder, there is a
path for src/extras/Makes.install that will get you through that first
step.

As a side note, I would recommend using Ubuntu Server Precise (12.04)
rather than Trusty (14.04).  There are some issues with the 14.04
distribution and Evergreen that we are still ironing out and you will
have better experiences with 12.04 for the time being.

Good luck, hope this gets you back on path.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum
Evergreen Systems Manager