[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Installation of Evergreen No rules to make target

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Thu Oct 16 16:57:12 EDT 2014

On 2014-10-15, at 16:01 , Ben Shum <bshum at biblio.org> wrote:

> As a side note, I would recommend using Ubuntu Server Precise (12.04)
> rather than Trusty (14.04).  There are some issues with the 14.04
> distribution and Evergreen that we are still ironing out and you will
> have better experiences with 12.04 for the time being.

I just wanted to second Ben's recommendation. I haven't tested 2.7 yet, but when I upgraded a server with an existing Evergreen 2.5 from Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04 for testing purposes there were several issues, some of which are reported as bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen?field.searchtext=14.04, others that had to do with Apache 2.4 changes. For a smooth Evergreen install on Ubuntu at this time version 12.04 is solid, whereas I would classify Evergreen on Ubuntu 14.04 “experimental”. 12.04 is LTS until 2017, so there is not a huge time crunch to move to 14.04, unless for testing and development purposes.

Aleksey Lazar
IS Developer and Integrator - PALS
http://www.mnpals.org/