[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Installation of Evergreen No rules to make target

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Thu Oct 16 17:04:42 EDT 2014

Quoting "Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich" <alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu>:
> I just wanted to second Ben's recommendation. I haven't tested 2.7
> yet, but when I upgraded a server with an existing Evergreen 2.5
> from Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04 for testing purposes there were several
> issues, some of which are reported as bugs:

I want to add that when I have tested upgrading from Ubuntu 12.04 to
14.04 with Evergreen 2.7.0, I got the best results by completely
reinstalling the Evergreen software after the upgrade. That is, you
go through the main installation procedures including installing
prerequisites, etc., as if Evergreen had not been installed before.

The only thing you don't want to do is to recreate the database.

That said, redoing the installation does not fix any of the reported
issues with Evergreen 2.7 and 14.04.

BTW, I would not try to run any versions of Evergreen prior to 2.7.0
on Ubuntu 14.04. The installation target for 14.04 simply is not there.

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services
Email: jstephenson at mvlc.org

We need your feedback, to serve you better.  If you have a moment, take our
staff interaction survey.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5BGD9N5