[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] About empty bib_id in URL Checker

Erica Rohlfs erohlfs at esilibrary.com
Tue Sep 9 14:52:18 EDT 2014

Good Afternoon Rita,

Your column headers are a bit different than what I am used to seeing in
the Link Checker, but I will attempt to help answer your question.

The Link checker results can contain information about redirects when URLs
in a bib record happen to point to systems that return 3XX responses (for
example 301 Moved Permanently).

It looks like your results may be displaying the “Redirect From” results.
The Redirect From column references the URL ID column of its redirect.

The Redirect To column shows the ID of the next URL in the redirect chain
for every URL that is redirected.

Evergreen currently only follows a redirect once. So, for example, if 10
URLs are the same, then only one Redirect URL will show up in your results.
The Redirect From value will refer back to only one of these original 10
URLs.

You may want to right-click within any of your column headers and select to
display the Redirect To, Redirect From, and URL ID columns.

I may be way off the mark here, but I hope this helps.

Regards,
Erica

--

Erica Rohlfs