[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Tag 880 indexing for CJK characters

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Fri Sep 12 10:24:48 EDT 2014

Hi Agatha,

I'm not 100% familiar with this area of Evergreen, but I know that
there is general support for linking of tag 880 to the corresponding
entries for display purposes in the catalog.  For example, this is an
example bib record on one of my test systems:
http://theory.biblio.org/eg/opac/record/204?query=Tu%20shuo%20Zhongguo%20jie;qtype=keyword;locg=1

Grabbing the actual characters from the 880 tag though does not seem
to retrieve in a search, so I guess 880 is not currently an indexed
field for my keyword/author, etc. indexes.

Maybe some others would know more about the potential for including
other characters as part of the indexes...

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum
Evergreen Systems Manager