[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Mobile app

Schooff, Rose (LVA) Rose.Schooff at lva.virginia.gov
Tue Sep 16 09:23:46 EDT 2014

Here in Virginia we have Boopsie mobile app, BUT for our libraries that have Evergreen I have Boopsie just link them straight to the URL.  Normally Boopsie requires that you FTP a file to them from your catalog or they can link straight to the URL of your catalog.  They don’t like to link straight to the URL because (and I can understand) they use a smart search type technology.  But I don’t want to go through the gyrations of getting Equinox to FTP a file when the regular site works just fine.

Boopsie does so much more than just the catalog with their apps so take that into consideration when looking at them.  Ie Calendar Events, maps, hours, Overdrive (if you have it) – they are trying to integrate as many other apps into theirs as possible.

Just my 2 cents worth.