[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Mobile app

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Mon Sep 15 15:00:15 EDT 2014

There was effort at one point to put together an Android app but that's
been inactive for a few years I think.  My reading of the community
interest as of a year or so ago was that there was more interest in making
the responsive design for the OPAC strong enough that an app was largely
unnecessary.

And I think that's largely been done.  At the Hack-A-Way last year there
was a big push for the responsive design and it's continued.  A lot of
folks were involved in that but off the top of my head the names Ben Shum
and Kathy Lussier come to mind as two involved so they might have opinions
on that score.  I've heard a lot of compliments within my consortium in the
last year about the usability of the web site searching and placing holds
and such since that work was done even on relatively "small" smart phones
like the current generation iPhones.  (They're still current until Friday
anyway.)

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me.”
― C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>