[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Searching for author using the link in search results

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Tue Sep 16 10:38:24 EDT 2014

Hi Elaine,

Yes, this affects regardless of the presence of 880s or not in the
record.  The function is part of the process used to determine and
link the 880s if present, but in the process, it grabs all the parts
of the tag except for the subfields that are ignored per the block of
code I mentioned previously.  Therefore, if we do not explicitly set
aside subfield 7 in that block, it will carry it forward into the
"attrs.author" variable that is used later in the catalog search
results display (which Eva does not want to have happen).

This particular issue in the way the get_graphic_880s function
operates has been trouble for other tags and subfields that also run
through that particular function for checking purposes.  I had similar
issues that we recently resolved for 2.7 series with the displaying of
264 tags and publication data.  The list for those tags that run
through the get_graphic_880s function includes: 100, 110, 111, 245,
260, 264, 250, and 505.

This is merely a display issue, where we're passing too much
information off in the variable for the display link.  It's not
actually related to authorities as far as I can determine.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum
Evergreen Systems Manager