[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Searching for author using the link in search results

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Tue Sep 16 11:06:43 EDT 2014

Glad that worked!

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Ste 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128
404.235-7201, fax
ehardy at georgialibraries.org
www.georgialibraries.org
www.georgialibraries.org/pines

From: Cerninakova Eva [mailto:cernin at jabok.cz]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:55 AM
To: Hardy, Elaine
Cc: Evergreen Discussion Group
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Searching for author using the link in
search results

Hi Elaine,

Bens proposal to edit the misc-util.tt2 template was the right solution and
I am sure this will not cause any problem with national authorities - the
field 7 in 1XX and 7XX stays in the record, it is only not handled as a part
of the link to the author (and the search query performed by clicking it).

After I made the change recommended by Ben, I discovered that I might have
misled you because the field "d" for date didn't cause any problem (I
thought it did, but it was a mistake).

Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it :-)

Eva

Mgr. Eva Cerniňáková
cernin at jabok.cz

Tel. +420 211 222 409

Knihovna Jabok
http:/knihovna.jabok.cz
Tel.  +420 211 222 410

Jabok - Vyšší odborná škola sociálně pedagogická a teologická
Salmovská 8, 120 00 Praha 2

Eva,

Both |0 and |d are assigned subfields for MARC21 1xx and 7xx fields. |0 is
for authority record control numbers and |d is of course the date. I think
your problem may be that you are using an unassigned subfield for your
authority control numbers, so Evergreen isn’t recognizing the entire field.
I do think it is curious that it does so in the facets but not the result
set – don’t mean to suggest that as a work around for you; but, as a clue to
the problem for programmers.

If you edited all your |7s in 1xx and 7xx fields, what impact would that
have on future linking to your national authorities?

ehardy at georgialibraries.org
www.georgialibraries.org
www.georgialibraries.org/pines