[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Create Volume Permission

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Thu Apr 2 13:20:06 EDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Scott Thomas <scott at albright.org> wrote:
> We want certain staff members to be able to create a volume with an
> override, but they are not prompted to enter an override. Instead they get
> library.” I know they can use Operator Change to accomplish this, but we
> would prefer to use an override. Is there any way to associate an override
> with CREATE_VOLUME? We are at 2.6.3.

Hi Scott, not without some (possibly minor) development.  This is an
explicit permission check in the staff client code.  A similar
situation happens with permissions that control whether menu entries
are completely disabled or not.

In addition to airing bugs and feature requests on this mailing list,
you may also submit entries in Launchpad:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/

This is how the community tracks bug reports and enhancement requests.

--
Jason Etheridge