[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Bib records without item attached report template

Rita.Liu at statcan.gc.ca Rita.Liu at statcan.gc.ca
Fri Apr 24 18:00:36 EDT 2015

Good evening,

Sometimes our staff forgot to add an item (item barcode) when they create a new bib record, I would like to get a list of bib records without item attached and also display cataloguer's login ID for them to fix the record.

I tried to create a report template to list bib record TCN value, OPAC Staff Client username and filter by Record creation date, however when I tried to have the report also list the Bib record's item barcode, it failed.

Is there a way to link Bib and Item in the Report Source?

Here is my current report template source:
Display field:
Bib record: Simple Record Extracts: TCN value
Bib record: Record Creator : OPAC Staff Client Username
Filter field:
Bib record: Record Creator : Record creation date
Also set report template default filter for active and non-deleted records.

For Item level, I put Bib Record - Call Number :: Copies - barcode in the display field, however it didn't list any of the barcode attached with bib record from the report output, I thought if the report result displays bib records having the item barcode attached or no item barcode attached, I can easily sort the final report to get those empty barcode lines in Excel and get the bib TCN value and OPAC Staff client Username to fix the record.

Thanks,

Rita Liu
Statistics Canada | 100 Tunney's Pasture Driveway, Ottawa ON K1A 0T6
Statistique Canada | 100, promenade Tunney's Pasture, Ottawa ON K1A 0T6
Rita.Liu at statcan.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 613-850-6587
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-951-0939