[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Deleting Patron Accounts - AND books?

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Tue Aug 4 16:41:45 EDT 2015

Based on another reply I think she meant more of permanently deleting than
cascading a delete.  I wasn't clear on that initially.  I think there would
be real dangers in the same scenarios Elaine brought up.  As for
permanently obliterating other kinds of records I don't think there's one
answer that is right for everyone.  I can appreciate the view point of
"it's gone I don't need it anymore, it's a waste of bits in storage and
another pass through the tables" but I like looking at historical data so
I'm very hesitant to toss any of it.  Evergreen's default "don't throw
anything away" behavior appeals to me.

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me.”
― C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>