[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Deleting Patron Accounts - AND books?

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Wed Aug 5 10:35:00 EDT 2015

All –

  I completely understand!   This is a valuable option for those folks who need this.  But there should ALSO be an option for completely and utterly obliterating the record – if you need to.    We just REMOVED about 600 books from our collection (remember that we are an academic library) and we never want to see them again.   We expect that they are weeded and gone.   But no.   They are still hanging around the system to clutter things up.   And confuse things too.   That is why we are experiencing so much problem with our items we are moving around into a new Children’s collection.   We weeded, we merged, and now we are changing call numbers.   But the “deleted” stuff keeps showing up when we THOUGHT we deleted it and never want to see it again.

  I’m NOT saying to remove the option to “hide” items in case you want to use them again or in the case where there are items attached or fines or such.   BUT, it would be really great to also have the option to really and finally REMOVE items from the system.  There are times when that is needed as well.

  Thanks!

Jennifer
Jennifer Walz, MLS - Head of ILS Ministrations
Kinlaw Library -  Asbury University
One Macklem Drive, Wilmore, KY 40390
859-858-3511 ext. 2269
jlwalz at asbury.edu