[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Z39.50 client query encoding issues

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Wed Aug 19 09:20:10 EDT 2015

Hello, Linda!

I cannot speak to your exact problem, but I have noticed similar issues
when searching z39.50 in general, particularly when searching other
Evergreen systems. (We don't search our own via Z39.50 except for the
occasional test.)

I can tell you that Evergreen's Z39.50 ends up going through SRU
(Simple Retrieval by URL). There has been a recent bug fix for
Evergreen's SRU and double encoding of characters:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1431541

I just thought that I would share that information, in case you were
not aware of it.

Hope that helps,
Jason

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services
Email: jstephenson at mvlc.org