[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Alternative Hold-Pickup Locations?

Tony Bandy tonyb at ohionet.org
Wed Aug 26 12:59:08 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

Looking for the group's wisdom and practical experience!

--------------------

In conjunction with a few of the libraries in our system, we're working on a project to offer patrons an alternative hold pickup location for a particular patron group...starting with one location, but with future potential for possibly more.  Does anyone have any "best practices" or tips and tricks for this they can share?

Things that I have found that come to mind are: additional org. units and the alternative hold pickup location option.

I'm not so sure however if either of these are helpful as the hold pickup locations that the library wants are not really org. units and the alternative hold pickup location works for an initial possibility-but what if there are multiples?

Any thoughts you can share (or tips, tricks, links, etc.) would be most appreciated!  (Has there been a presentation on this I've missed maybe?)

Thank you so much!

--Tony

Tony Bandy
tonyb at ohionet.org<mailto:tonyb at ohionet.org>