[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Book Club Kit Lending

Janet Brown Janetb at burlingtonwa.gov
Mon Dec 7 17:59:39 EST 2015

Blake,

We have been circulating Book Club Kits for over a year now. We place an actual MARC record in the system but add the number of books in the kit to the physical description.  We require that one person from a book club check out the whole kit and be responsible for bringing them all back together.  We also give them an extended due date so they have time to distribute, read and discuss the books before they bring them back.  There is a laminated card with the barcode attached for each kit which we file away while the kit is checked out.

You can search for all of the kits by doing a keyword search 'book club kit' or I've given you a couple direct links.

http://burlington.skagitcat.org/eg/opac/record/183344
http://burlington.skagitcat.org/eg/opac/record/182515

It's worked well for us, but then we're a smallish library.

Janet Brown
SysAdmin/Circ Supervisor

Burlington Public Library
820 E Washington Ave