[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen: Mass Delete of Uploaded MARCs

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Wed Dec 16 09:09:21 EST 2015

Hi, Geoff.

Our work flow for vendors who send us records for electronic
items, ebooks, etc., is rather simple.

We create a bib source for each vendor and then upload the
records and assign the appropriate bib source.

When the time comes, we can then delete all the records from the
bib source.

Segregating the records by source makes it easy to do updates,
deletes, etc., in batch.  I usually write special scripts to keep
the records up to date depending on the requirements of the
vendor and how they make the records available.

Barring the use of bib sources, you'll have to identify the
records using vendor codes in whatever field they put them in.
Exactly where you'd look varies depending on your Evergreen
configuration and the vendor.  Plus, I'm not a cataloger, so I've
not memorized all of the MARC fields. :)

Hope that Helps,
Jason
--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services
Email: jstephenson at mvlc.org