[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] TPAC and Due Date

Michele Morgan mmorgan at noblenet.org
Wed Feb 11 10:47:21 EST 2015

Hi Scott,

Another option might be to have the long overdue items age to a different status
(Long Overdue or Lost) when they are so many days overdue.

The copy statuses themselves have an "opac_visible" flag. So for example, if
items are set to Long Overdue after a certain amount of time, and the
opac_visible flag on the Long Overdue status is set to "false", those items will
not display to patrons in the catalog.

Note that doing this will also bill the patron for the cost of the item, which
may or may not be what you want.

As far as the consortial implications, the opac visibility of a status is
consortium wide, but changing status of items when they become long overdue is
done with an action trigger and can be done library by library.

Hope this helps,
Michele

--
Michele Morgan, Technical Assistant
North of Boston Library Exchange, Danvers Massachusetts
mmorgan at noblenet.org