[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Electronic title - search filter

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Thu Feb 19 14:40:11 EST 2015

It is always a better thing to get a legitimate record for the item in had
rather than to get “creative” with an nonmatching record. You never know
when a mishmash record will cause other problems down the line. There are
reasons for cataloging standards.

If you use OCLC for a bibliographic utility, there is likely a good
e-resource record you can use. If not, deriving one from a good print record
is not that hard.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager