[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Electronic title - search filter

Blake Henderson blake at mobiusconsortium.org
Thu Feb 19 14:07:28 EST 2015

Don,

This is a subject that I have recently put many hours into. This begs
the question: "How many bibs do we have that should be flagged as
electronic but do not have the proper MARC flags in the leader/06 and
008/23?" We have been slowly developing methods of correcting the
catalog. One example:

Bibs that contain 856  indicator2=0 but without the 008/23 correctly
designated.

This query may help you identify those bibs

select id from biblio.record_entry where
id in (select record from metabib.real_full_rec where tag=$$856$$ and
ind2=$$0$$) AND
marc ~ $$<leader>......[at]$$
and
marc !~ $$tag="008">.......................[oqs]$$
and
marc !~ $$tag="006">......[oqs]$$

This will result in a list of bib ID's that are not currently cataloged
as Electronic but do contain an 856 with the "linking" indicators.

The mere presence of the 856 doesn't mean that the bib should be
converted to Electronic but it's a good start. We added more logic to
the decision making code but this query might get you started. Perhaps
it can narrow your scope. We created an Evergreen conference proposal to
go over our development.

-Blake-
Conducting Magic
MOBIUS