[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Academic PAC flavor

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Mon Feb 23 15:51:22 EST 2015

Colleagues,

Because there seems to be support for a "read more" OPAC feature, I have
added the following Wishlist bug.

Add a “read more” feature to the OPAC bib record view for fields with lots
of text.

In order to preserve a more compact, uniform display on the OPAC Record
Detail screen, create a feature that limits the amount of text displayed in
some fields; particularly in note fields such as Content Notes, and Summary
Notes. When text exceeds the designated limit, hot text such as “read more”
or "View complete summary” or “View full contents” will appear which can be
clicked on in order to expand and display the full text.

Please feel free to add comments and suggestions

Don

--
Don Butterworth
Faculty Associate / Librarian III