[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Results list of the "Call Number (Shelf Browse)" list

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Fri Jan 16 15:21:24 EST 2015

All -

 If anyone wants to see how our previous ILS catalog did the call number browse:

http://library.asbury.edu/uhtbin/cgisirsi/?ps=PMnTOlJylx/AC/270510061/61/78/X

  Is it possible to recreate something similar in Evergreen?   And make it better of course!

And for other examples:  http://catalog.lib.ncsu.edu/browse?callNumber=ps+32&format=list&callNumberSearch=true
   Here is a collection of eight of them:  http://musingsaboutlibrarianship.blogspot.com/2013/06/a-survey-of-library-virtual-shelves-8.html#.VLlvtsm8-Xg

 And here is one that I am completely fascinated with and would love to replicate somehow:  https://lucas.liberty.edu/vwebv/holdingsInfo?&bibId=159387&searchId=1026&recPointer=7&recCount=10    I realize that they are probably using the virtual shelf representation from Library Thing.  That is not what is cool.   Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and there is a little link for an image of the actual book location on a map.   The blue highlighted region / shelf on the map is where the book is.   Nice.

 Surely we can do this!   The shelf browse at least.     But let's start with a simple call number list first.  :-)

Thanks!

Jennifer
Jennifer Walz, MLS - Head of ILS craziness
Kinlaw Library
Asbury University
1 Macklem Drive, Wilmore, KY 40390
859-858-3511 ext. 2269