[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Results list of the "Call Number (Shelf Browse)" list

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Fri Jan 16 15:41:32 EST 2015

On 01/16/2015 03:21 PM, Walz, Jennifer wrote:
> All -
>
>   If anyone wants to see how our previous ILS catalog did the call number browse:
>
> http://library.asbury.edu/uhtbin/cgisirsi/?ps=PMnTOlJylx/AC/270510061/61/78/X

Unfortunately, it looks like your previous ILS catalog didn't support

>    Is it possible to recreate something similar in Evergreen?   And make it better of course!
Sure, anything's possible. Having discussions like this one is a great
way to get consensus around a shared vision. As with anything in
open-source software, of course, it helps if you have a developer who is
willing to work on the shared vision or the funds to hire a developer.

For what it's worth, MassLNC got a quote to implement this -
http://masslnc.cwmars.org/node/2590 - a couple of years ago, but decided
not to implement it. I would be willing to share the details of the
quote with anyone who is interested in implementing it, but, by this
time, I'm sure the numbers in it have expired.

Have a nice weekend!

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier