[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Help for a tiny library?

Ben T. t.ben38 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 18:39:17 EST 2015

Thank you for all the responses.

Rogan, you inferences are generally correct.  I do not have much
experience.  I have worked with virtual machines before, and I use Ubuntu
on my personal computer, but I have never really been a sys admin.  As for
time, I do not have much time per week, but I have a soft deadline to make
something work by June.  So I possibly could set up a VM and make this
work.  However, our computer is shared with a bunch of volunteers at the
community center, many of whom are not very computer literate.  My
intuition tells me that a VM would not survive meddling from other folks.
So if a VM is the only available solution with Evergreen, I think I will
keep looking.

Terran, Surpass looks amazing, except for the ~$3000 price tag on it.
Anything purchased is likely coming out of my pocket at this point, and
there is no way I can afford that.

Yunus, Openbiblio also looks good, except it runs into the same server
problem that evergreen does.

So I think I'll keep looking for solutions.  Thanks, everyone.