[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Deleted items in the system

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Wed Jan 21 16:19:57 EST 2015

All -

Ok.  A secondary question to my previous query.    WHY do deleted items remain in the system?    And do they take up space on the server?  Is there a way to purge them?     Is there a time frame that can be set for them to disappear for good?

  Why is it that we need to set a check box on all reports to exclude them?   Seems to me that you would have that checked by default and only UN-check it when you needed to see deleted items.   Is it backwards?

Thanks!

Jennifer
Jennifer Walz, MLS - ILS kook
Kinlaw Library -  Asbury University