[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Best-Hold Selection Sort Order

Thomas Berezansky tsbere at mvlc.org
Wed Jul 1 13:03:04 EDT 2015

MVLC has currently implemented a "Holds Go Home First" configuration
there. End result based on our org tree is that holds are looked for
in the following order:

Holds at copy circ lib
Holds at sibling branches of copy circ lib
Holds at checkin lib
Holds at sibling branches of checkin lib
Oldest hold elsewhere

I believe this results in more library to library transits, but also
faster service to the patrons of libraries that own items. I believe
there are supposed to be ways to make items go home after a period of
time not being home but we haven't implemented that.

--
Thomas Berezansky
Assistant Network Administrator