[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Best-Hold Selection Sort Order

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Jul 1 12:30:41 EDT 2015

Hi Johnnie,

Bibliomation implemented Best-Hold Selection Sort Order changes for at
least one member library that required a specific approach to holds that
differed from the rest of our consortium.  I described that use case in
more detail in this post to the dev list a few years ago (
http://markmail.org/message/pdksulwazgwzlro4) and that led to the feature's
development too.  Since implementation, we have had no complaints about
hold prioritization for the use case, so I consider that a "Pro" of "it
works for us" with no speakable "Cons" for now.

Can you give us a little more information about what potential use case are
you hoping to achieve with the feature?  Are you trying to raise or
prioritize holds for a given subset of libraries?  Is it based on
geography, distance, political alliances?  There are lots of options and
not all may result in optimal or expected outcomes...

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum
Evergreen Systems Manager