[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Feedback requested on patron editor in web client

Ruth Frasur director at hagerstownlibrary.org
Fri Jul 10 07:38:08 EDT 2015

Just a few notes

1.  I do like the floating save/close&save block.  It does, however, even
now behave funny when the staff client is re-sized.  From what I see in the
web client, it looks like, when the staff client is resized and acting
responsively, the block floats UNDER the fields as opposed to it floating
OVER the fields (and other links like "replace barcode" and "set username"
or whatever they're called - I'm not looking at it this moment).  The
existing behavior can amount to a jumble of links/buttons.  The "under
float" seems like it would alleviate some of this.

2.  We NEVER use the "suggested fields" or "show only required fields."  Of
course, that's our library.  I can't speak to the entire Evergreen Indiana
consortium, but I do imagine that our behavior is common in this regard.

3.  I don't know the technicalities of Angular JS, so I can't really speak
to whether it'd be good to have a sticky top bar from a coding standpoint.
>From a user standpoint, it would.  Personally, I'd like to see that sticky
top bar with the save, and then a save at the end of the form as well.

--
Ruth Frasur
Director of the Historic(ally Awesome) Hagerstown - Jefferson Township

Our Kickin' Website <http://hagerstownlibrary.org>  Our Rockin' Facebook
Page <http://facebook.com/hjtplibrary>  and Stuff I've Read
<http://pinterest.com/hjtplibrary/ruth-reads/>