[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Feedback requested on patron editor in web client

Lindsay Stratton lstratton at pls-net.org
Fri Jul 10 09:14:07 EDT 2015

1) Show All/Suggested/Required/etc
These only make sense if the settings controlling required and displayed fields behaved differently between Patron Registration and Patron Edit. There are fields in the edit form that do not make sense at the point of new record creation - active, barred, claims returned count, etc. - that serve only to make a long form longer. However, those fields are necessary to the patron edit form, which should display all by default.

I would LOVE to see the ability to define required and displayed fields for patron registration on a field by field basis, and have that effect only patron registration.

2) Floating Save/Clone box
Our front line staff like the floating save box, particularly in Patron Edit - it makes it easier to save when editing something in the middle of the form. If, as someone else suggested, the floating box in the web client could have a solid background and float over the fields, that could resolve the overlap issue.

I think the suggestion of a sticky save / options bar at the top also makes a lot more sense, and seems like it would be better in terms of responsive design and clarity. Also, that behavior is similar to other applications, like email.

Lindsay Stratton
Library Automation Services Manager
Pioneer Library System
2557 State Rte 21