[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] what data do I pull from for a circ by subject report

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Tue Jul 14 15:58:49 EDT 2015

All -

  I need help from the Evergreen Wisdom.

   My boss wants "count circs by subject -- in our case, Dewey class."    I am pretty good so far at working with the templates and even creating a completely new report.  Problem is, I am not sure what data source to pull from.    And will I have to be selecting something from the marc fields?   I am pretty dumb on that part.    Anyone already done something like this that could give me a few pointers in the right direction?

(I figure other parameters are going to be by date and by library.   Are renewals counted as circs?)

Thanks!

Jennifer
Jennifer Walz, MLS - Head of ILS data reporting
Kinlaw Library -  Asbury University
One Macklem Drive, Wilmore, KY 40390
859-858-3511 ext. 2269
jlwalz at asbury.edu