[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] New Installation - Get rid of Demo Data

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Thu Jul 16 12:17:27 EDT 2015

Hello,

In the official docs you can find this section that goes over importing
records. Though there are other methods that can be used that I beleive
scale better when the number of records is really large.

http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.8/_migrating_from_a_legacy_system.html

This is an older recommendation of how to clean up the sample data. Not
sure how it may need to be updated nowadays, but it could give you an idea
of where to start. Of course you will want to have a backup of your DB
before doing this in case something goes wrong.

http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=scratchpad:setup

"....

The following SQL can be used to delete the sample branches:

BEGIN;

DELETE FROM actor.org_unit WHERE id > 1;

DELETE FROM actor.org_address WHERE id > 1;

DELETE FROM actor.workstation WHERE owning_lib > 1;

COMMIT;
..."

I am sure others will have better recommendations,
Yamil

--

Yamil Suarez, MCS
Library System Administrator/Developer