[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Inventory Item

Trisha Cantwell Keene tcantwell at coa.edu
Wed Jul 29 13:09:38 EDT 2015

We tried this method using the 'lastediteddate' however I was not able to
create a report with my limited knowledge and our older version.

Given our large workforce of workstudy staff we were able to chose a rather
labor intensive method, which has actually worked well for us. We needed to
do a lot of quality control maintenance, and that is getting done.

We are weeding sections first.

We scanned sections into excel sheets and matched the barcodes against an
inventory report from Evergreen. We then identified the items which weren't
in the inventory list and also those missing. Again, we have fixed a lot of
problems which otherwise would go undetected.

I expect we will have our 'numbers' by Jan. 1, 2016 at the latest. Further
repair and maintenance to catalog and items will likely take longer.

We have 3.5 full time professional staff, 20-28 10 hr per week workstudy
staff (amazing people these!) and a collection of 45,000.

I hope you find this helpful.

--
Trisha Cantwell Keene
Associate Director

(207) 801-5661
(207) 288-2328 Fax
tcantwell at coa.edu

"Google can bring you back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can
bring you back the right one."  The Guardian (London)