[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Inventory Item

Elisabeth Keppler keppleep at forsyth.cc
Wed Jul 29 13:31:36 EDT 2015

Forsyth County (NC, not GA) has been hoping that an inventory module would
be developed but it doesn't appear to be in any of numbered sprints for the
browser-based client.

The Sitka model certainly does work.  I strongly recommend breaking the
collection into clearly defined segments that you can finish in a
reasonable amount of time, based on shelving locations or whatever works
for you.  Since batch editing items using the Item Status screen can crash
if you try to do too many at a time and will prevent you from doing
anything else in Evergreen at the same time, I usually break my txt file
into chunks of no more than 250 items.  I've processed 10,000 item files
over a weekend, but it takes patience.

Thanks,
Lise

--