[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] About current year/prev year total circs stats

Geoff Sams GSams at roanoketexas.com
Mon Jun 1 18:10:48 EDT 2015

I made a report that I use to fill out our Annual Report information.  If you are up for creating the report from my notes I can more or less point you in the right direction!

When creating the report, you will obviously start from the Circulation data source.  You can set the display options however works best for you, I find that I prefer the following displayed fields:

Circulation -> Circ ID - Field Transform of Count
Circulation -> Shelving Location -> Name (I alter the display heading to read "Shelving Location")
Circulation -> Circulation Modifier -> Name (I alter the display heading to read "Circulation Modifier")

That tends to give me the most detail that I need at a glance for a raw numbers report.

For filters I do the following:
Circulation -> Check Out Date/Time - Field Transform to Date, operator of Between (This will allow you to specify the date of the circulations specifically, substitute Check In Date/Time if that's how you calculate it)
Circulation -> Shelving Location -> Location ID - Raw data, operator set to "In list" (This will generate a list of Shelving Locations to choose from, which can be nice.)
Circulation -> Circulating Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Owning Library - Raw Data, operator of "In list" (another nice list)

With these displays and filters you will be able to detail what shelving locations you want a report on, at a specific library, and only count circulations within a specific period of time.  It will display the library, the shelving location, and how many circulations have happened there over that time period.

You can certainly take this light framework and readjust it so that it fits your needs a bit better.  I'd be happy to help further if you need it.  I (oddly enough) like reports well enough for what it is.

Thanks,
Geoff Sams
Library Manager
Roanoke Public Library