[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] libxml2 headers problem

Francis Kayiwa francis.kayiwa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 12:50:42 EST 2015

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd at commandprompt.com> wrote:

> On 03/06/2015 08:40 AM, Francis Kayiwa wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Jason Stephenson <jstephenson at mvlc.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> You will not get Evergreen to work on OpenBSD without a ton of changes to
>>> the code and build system.
>>

>> and is this desirable... I'm having a hard time grokking this.
>

> Sure it is. OpenBSD has a very, very small installed base in comparison to
> Linux. If you run a reasonably modern Linux, Evergreen just works. It keeps
> resources focused.

Like I said in a follow up message. It is not my intention to tax the
project resources (unless reading email and directing me accordingly
counts) in anyway.

I do know it works on Debian. That is not the point however (certainly
not for me) nor am I asking that Evergreen allocate anymore resources
to OpenBSD or any other *BSD for that matter.

I am willing to wager whatever comes of what I do in my free time will
benefit me. In the process perhaps a few warts may be revealed because
you suddenly have subtle bugs revealed because "we are all not using
the same thing"

Cheers,
./fxk

--