[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] srfsh% login USER PASSWORD wont authenticate

Chris Sharp csharp at georgialibraries.org
Sat Mar 7 08:29:23 EST 2015

Hi Howard,

----- Original Message -----

Are you copying these from the source directory from which you built and installed Evergreen?  The "configure/make/make install" process should be substituting the actual values for @sysconfdir, etc. and creating the files described in the installation README.  Sounds like you either missed a step or or working from more than one source directory.

If what you're after is a running Evergreen system, you might consider installing from the GPLS archive: http://archive.georgialibraries.org/  It's slightly behind on the version, but still in the 2.7 release family.  It requires a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04.

However, if your goal is to successfully get through the installation instructions, we can help you do that too.  For live help (M-F 9-5 EST/EDT), use the #evergreen IRC channel (http://evergreen-ils.org/communicate/irc/ for details).  Sometimes people are around on the weekends too.

--
Chris Sharp
PINES System Administrator
csharp at georgialibraries.org